Friday, September 2, 2011

You become what you love

Visited xiao mai few months ago. I was playing with him and that lazy fat cat showed little interest. He could just fall asleep while playing with me. (grrrr..) Anyway, can you imagine how a sleepy annoying cat looks like? 
something like this....
I was watching him falling asleep and guess what? I saw myself! I mean by looking at how a bored cat falls asleep, I realised that  I am just like a cat - lazy, easily get bored, and always feel sleepy especially when it comes to reading. It seems my character is much influenced by what I like, things I contacted. Usually I feel proud being liken to a cat, but not in this aspect. Cat is lazy - undisputed fact.
Being a cat lover is just one superficial example of you become what you love. We love so many things other than Christ, and were being fashioned according to them whether we realised or not. No wonder there's a stanza in hymn 477 writes:

人哪!你爱何物,
你就变成该物:
成神,你若爱神;
成尘,你若爱尘;
你出,神就进入;
你死,神就生苏;
无你,就有基督;
无物,就得万物。
Source: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/ch/366/gb=1#ixzz1PvenHjPQ

2 comments: