Tuesday, November 8, 2011

...because we love the Lord

2 Tim. 2: 22 
~ But flee youthful lusts, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.~

Like other church kids who were born and raised up in the Lord's recovery, we're too familiar with this verse. We can memorize it at our fingertips, we hear messages from the brothers concerning it, we even declared it boldly in the meetings and training. But only recently does it shine.

As a "doing" christian, there're a lot of do's and dont's in my list. I do this because other saints do it as well; I don't do that because we're told not to, because it's not beneficial for us, because the serving ones advice us not to do so, because it's not good, because it brings trouble to us.......bla bla bla. I have 1001 reasons accumulated in my being for not doing certain things.

In the campus blending and perfecting, it was pointed out that the sole reason why you do or you don't do certain things is because you love the Lord. 
What is it to love God? It is to pour out your whole heart on Him. It's altogether a matter of our heart.
In this situation, a question just pop out again and again in me: What do you want? 
Well, I don't know...I don't feel like I want to seek something other than the Lord....and that's just because of the 1001 reasons mentioned above. 

But now I know....my answer is: I want to pursue the Lord with those who call on the Lord
out of a pure heart!

Everything becomes clear. I don't do it because I love the Lord and I want to love my Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment