Saturday, July 2, 2011

If... - Ambition

If I had not told myself that I hate biology,
If I had done some effort in studying biology,
If biology had not been my worst science subject,
If I had not been so lousy that I couldn't even operate on a frog,
I would have wanted to study veterinary.

If the Malaysian education system had been better,
If my school had offered geography for f4 and f5,
If people around me had not discouraged me to take the subject,
If I had been brave enough to choose geography during f6 and study on my own,
I would have been a geologist.

If I had not been so determined not to study science (which I dunno why),
If I had not been so 'kiasu' to pursue on my favorite subject - physics,
If I had been stronger in mentality and higher in EQ,
If I had been willing to work hard on that seemingly difficult subject,
I would have studied a physics-related course.

If I had not heard or seen the negative aspects of becoming a teacher,
If I had not deleted completely the option 'teacher' from my mind and in my heart,
If I had tried in the related field earlier,
If I had involved myself with kids much earlier,
I would have wanted to become a teacher.

Ok, I'm doing exercise for conditional tenses with 'If' as an indication for conditional clauses.
The Past Perfect tense is used in conditional clauses to refer to things of the past which did not happen. The other clauses are in the Perfect Conditional tense. (should have/would have + past participle)

Above are the 'If(s)' of my ambitions. They did not happen.
So my ambition when asked to fill in the ambition form during secondary school was...and...still is...
to open a pet shop or pet grooming shop. XD

3 comments:

  1. Vast ambitions.

    "If I had not been so 'kiasu' to pursue on my favorite subject - physics,"

    I think it should be:
    "If I had been so 'kiasu' to pursue on my favorite subject - physics,"

    I like physics and I'm in a physics-related course and I still don't know if this is the right/best choice. Study anyway. lols

    I was not taught in tenses. Don't know all those tenses. Just somehow know how to construct sentences (sometimes with wrong tense). hahaha.

    I bet your pet shop will have many garfields. lols

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, what I mean is I was afraid that I couldn't score well in physics so I gave up and chose relatively easier subject.

    Whether right/best choice? You'll never know, no chance to take another road. hmm, there's a poem like this. Anyway, as long as we're studying for God's economy, any choice is the best choice. :)

    Nahh...I'll get variety species of cats, oh and dogs too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.. I think law is more difficult LOL

    amen to that!

    animal lover, you are. Me not >.<

    ReplyDelete